Type of positions: Full-Time
Are you looking for an opportunity that comes with more than just a paycheck? Are you a high achiever that strives for personal excellence? Do you take ownership for your learning and career growth? If so, we are currently looking for a Development Manager to join our growing team in Regina, Saskatchewan.
Located less than 6km east of Regina, Royal Park is an upcoming master planned community situated within the Town of White City and the RM of Edenwold (www.discoverroyalpark.ca)
The Opportunity: The Development Manager will work collaboratively with the All-Rite Group of Companies and its partner the La Vita Land team. Reporting to the Director of Land Development, the Development Manager is responsible for guiding each stage of the project from planning and design, obtaining approvals, preparing budgets, construction, and controlling costs through to working with builders, administration and community residents. In addition, the Development Manager is responsible to maintain acceptable construction timelines and is expected to participate with various marketing and business development initiatives including product research.
- Liaising and developing strong, positive relationships with builders, sales personnel, municipal officials, administration, consultants, contractors, customers/potential customers and residents.
- Networking with industry colleagues through industry associations (i.e. RRHBA) and events to promote Royal Park and represent the project team in a professional manner.
- Maintaining thorough knowledge of relevant market factors in Regina and the surrounding area.
- Directing consultants in all phases of the land development process, including; preparation of subdivision plans, engineering, construction, designing of landscape plans, and scheduling of production.
- Driving and executing on all phases of the land development production, on schedule and on budget.
- Assessing consultant and contractor performance.
- Assisting in preparation of internal project budgets and schedules.
- Detailed reviewing of civil engineering design.
- Attending Council and Planning Commission sessions, as required.
- Receiving and addressing on-site builder and resident concerns.
- Assisting in the development and facilitation of Royal Park’s Architectural Controls.
- Coordinating Construction Completion Certificates and Final Acceptance Certificates with consulting engineers.
- Managing performance securities, levy payments, shallow utility rebates and occupancy statistics.
- Administering invoices and approving payments according to La Vita Land policies.
- Creating, monitoring and controlling cost budgets.
- Attending and participating in community specific meetings as required.
- Managing and maintaining the development to the La Vita Land Standards, including:
- Overall appearance
- Seasonal maintenance
- Adherence to Municipal and Provincial bylaws
- Adherence to ESC regulations
- Resident safety
- Builder lot inspections
- Participating in our marketing program
- Show home parade landscaping construction
- Directional, pageantry and marketing signage coordination and installation
- Ensuring accurate and complete project information is available at all times.
- Maintaining files and updating electronic databases to ensure universal accessibility for all team members.
- Compiling, preparing and circulating project emails, letters, reports and memos as required.
- Maintaining and promoting communication between La Vita Land and its partner All-Rite Group of Companies, our builder partners and our residents (relationship management).
- Arranging and attending site project meetings with consultants, contractors, builders, and approving authorities.
Other duties may be assigned, as needed.
About You: The ideal candidate for this opportunity will have post-secondary education (or equivalent experience) with 3 to 5 years of practical work experience preferably in the residential land development industry in Regina and surrounding area. In addition, the following attributes would be considered a great benefit to this role:
A Business, Civil Engineering related degree or CET diploma (minimum 2-year program) from a recognized educational institution would be considered an asset.
You have thorough knowledge of residential development methods and techniques as it relates to lot grading, servicing and landscaping.
You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to represent the project team in a professional manner.
You have the ability to work independently as well as in a cross-functional environment with team members.
You take initiative, are a problem solver, and continually deliver consistent, high quality work.
You are exceptionally organized with the ability to handle multiple priorities and conflicting agendas.
You have strong administrative skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
You have the ability to listen to others and enjoy working with people from varying backgrounds and perspectives.
You provide practical solutions to problems and are committed to doing things right.
You have a valid driver’s license
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
With this role you’ll enjoy competitive wages, benefits, training, flexibility, and a dynamic and exciting work environment!
How To Apply
If you feel that you'd be a great addition to the team, please submit your cover letter and resume. We're eager to meet a like-minded person that wants to drive their career and our business forward! Please submit your application no later than October 15th, 2019. We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.